An amazing opportunity has arisen for an Events Coordinator to join the team at one of Dublin’s premier hotels. This landmark hotel property located on Dublin’s’ southside, is well established in the corporate, wedding & leisure markets. Family owned & customer focussed: applications are now being invited for this fulfilling position.
Whether it is a vibrant corporate event or a spectacular wedding, the business is seeking to hire someone who can organise & lead their client’s journey from initial enquiry, through finalising the details for the event itself & then of course, ensuring that things run smoothly on the day and that all opportunities are maximised commercially.
This successful candidate will work closely with the Director of Sales & Marketing. At the same time, this person must ensure that exceptional customer care is provided at all times & that high operational standards are delivered and maintained through effective planning & coordination across the hotel.
- Deliver and aim to surpass customer expectations both over the telephone and in person.
- Must deliver timely and accurate response to all customer enquiries, providing information, quotations, and proposals to the required standard.
- Sales responsibilities involving showing prospective customers around the hotel and upselling every department therein.
- Preparing and maintaining administrative documentation & associated database.
- Maximizing yield from C&B business through effective upselling of other departments.
- Coordinate wedding arrangements including initial tour of hotel and grounds, reception plans, proposals and quotations.
- Attend hotel meetings as required, ensuring effective communication at all levels.
- Other duties & responsibilities as directed by the hotel management team.
- A keen eye for attention to detail will be important for this role.
- The successful candidate must also be a good communicator.
- And as the successful candidate will be dealing directly with customers & guests, a warm and friendly personality is a must.
Skills & experience sought:
- Must be flexible in terms of working hours.
- Ideally the candidate will have a minimum of 1 year of experience within the hotel sector (but candidates may be considered from other related fields or industry sectors: example corporate events background etc.).
- A relevant qualification would be an advantage.
- Good work ethic & committed.
Location: Dublin South – onsite role
Salary & benefits: Competitive salary on offer, Lunch provided onsite, Complimentary car parking, Complimentary leisure club membership
Job Ref: 8974COS
To apply send your CV email@example.com, through our website www.peoplegroup.ie
For further information regarding this role, please contact us on 01 6619636.
Want to compare your salary in Ireland? mysalary.ie
Follow and Connect with The People Group on LinkedIn and Twitter